Dr. Gehan Girgis can provide you with implant-supported dentures in Rochester Hills, Michigan, to ensure you never have to ude denture adhesive again! Our dentist will speak with you during a consultation at River Square Family Dentistry to help you understand how implant-supported dentures can help you.
If you are looking for a stable, lasting solution for replacing multiple missing teeth, our dentist may recommend implant-supported dentures. Implant-retained dentures are very similar in form to traditional dentures; however, they are stabilized by dental implants. Very often denture wearers complain that dentures become loose and “float” around the mouth, limiting their ability to eat and speak comfortably. Implant dentures are a cost-effective solution, and in many cases, we can actually retrofit an existing denture with implants.
The first step in anchoring your denture with dental implants is the placement of the implants. The dental implants, which are similar in appearance to screws, are surgically inserted into the jawbone in order to securely anchor your denture. While the specific number of implants required will depend on your individual needs, most cases require 4-6 dental implants per denture. Once the implants have been placed and allowed sufficient healing time, your denture is attached on top. This provides your denture with exceptional stability. In fact, many patients report that their implant-retained dentures feel and function more like their natural teeth.
There are several benefits to implant-supported dentures:
- Improved stability and comfort: The implants provide a solid foundation for dentures, reducing the risk of slipping or shifting while speaking, eating, or laughing.
- Enhanced oral function: Implant-supported dentures allow for better chewing efficiency and speech clarity compared to traditional dentures.
- Preservation of jawbone: Dental implants help to preserve the jawbone by stimulating bone growth, preventing bone loss that commonly occurs with traditional dentures.
- Improved aesthetics: Implant-supported dentures provide a more natural-looking smile and facial appearance, as they are designed to resemble natural teeth.
- Increased confidence: The secure fit of implant-supported dentures can boost self-esteem and confidence in social situations.
For more information about implant-supported dentures and dental implants, and to schedule your next visit with our dentist, we welcome you to call 248-650-2440 or visit our office today.