How to stop tooth pain fast at home?
Tooth pain may occur due to various reasons, and it is one of the most common dental complications people experience. Although it is important to see a dentist as soon as possible when you are experiencing a serious toothache, there are also several things you can try at home to relieve the pain until you can see a dentist. Further in this article, we will inform you about the ways of relieving tooth pain.
You can try a variety of different things to relieve or reduce your tooth pain. Some of these things are:
- Applying Cold Compress. If your tooth pain is related to inflammation, you can relieve or reduce the pain with the help of applying a cold compress to the area.
- Applying Acupressure. Trying acupressure may help relieve the pain since this method helps your body release endorphins and make you feel more comfortable.
- Elevating Your Head. Although it may be difficult to fall asleep with a toothache, laying down might make the discomfort worse since blood pressure in the head rises when you are resting flat. If feasible, raise your head with pillows or sleep upright on a chair while sleeping.
- Taking Anti-inflammatory Medicine. If your tooth pain is caused by inflammation, taking an anti-inflammatory may help greatly with relieving your toothache.
What are home remedies for a toothache?
In addition to the methods above, you can also try other home remedies such as:
- Although it may sound absurd, garlic is known for its anti-inflammatory feature. For this reason, chewing and swallowing a piece of garlic may help relieve your tooth pain.
- Tea Bags. Applying cold or warm tea bags to your tooth may relieve your tooth pain. However, you should make sure that the teabag is not too hot or too cold.
- Vanilla Extract. Vanilla can numb the pain, functioning as a natural pain reliever. You can use your vanilla extract at home to relieve your tooth pain. You can try putting vanilla extract on a cotton swab and applying it to the area carefully.
- Thyme Oil. Thyme oil can also be used as a natural pain reliever. You can try putting a few drops of thyme oil into a glass of water, and rinsing your mouth with it.
What will instantly stop a toothache?
One of the most effective ways of relieving toothache as fast as possible is using medications that include ibuprofen, acetaminophen, or aspirin. You may use medications such as Advil, Motrin, or Tylenol, which include these active ingredients. You can also try going to an emergency dentist, which will help relieve your tooth pain and find the problem that causes it.
Can salt stop toothache?
Yes, using saltwater for rinsing your mouth is one of the most common home remedies for relieving tooth pain. You can try rinsing your mouth with warm or cold saltwater once every few hours. Using saltwater is known to help protect the tooth or damaged area from possible infection or inflammation.
If you suffer from dental problems, you can visit us at Rochester Hills Mi. Here one can get the best dental treatments in a small duration and with the best care.
See also our Facebook profile for more information.